We’ll meet Saturday July 29, 2017 from 10 am-1 pm. Location: 622 Wellington Dr, Kaysville
Here’s all the info needed for our Fabric Dyeing Activity:
- We will provide 1 ½ yds fabric per person. Additional fabric will be available to purchase for $6/yd.
- We will also provide dye and all the chemicals needed for processing the dye
- Please bring containers to dye your fabrics in: small buckets, zip-top bags, deli containers, etc. If you are worried about staining your hands, feel free to bring gloves.
- If you would like to bring your own fabric (or rope, or yarn, or other items) for dyeing, please follow these washing instructions:
- Use hot water and detergent (no softener) on a regular machine wash setting. If you have washing soda, add a little to make the detergent more effective, but it isn’t necessary. Be sure your fiber content is mostly cotton/linen/rayon, or the dye won’t take.
- We will be dyeing outside, so be sure to remember sunscreen!
- Click here to see 8 dyeing techniques you might like to try and additional supplies needed for each.
- Bring your swim suit if you’d like to swim after. There is a pool.